Studies have shown that outdoor areas are 20 times less riskier than the indoors in the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Though not eliminating risks entirely, exposure to outdoor elements such as fresh air currents, heat, and ultraviolet light reduces the transmissibility of COVID–19.
With vast conservation and protection areas, our hope is that Masungi Georeserve can be a safe space to enjoy fresh air, take a meaningful break, and be in the comforting presence of nature.
As we keep caring for the environment, for our communities, and for each other, we enjoin everyone to keep our trails safe.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- All guests must place visits ahead of time for effective density control. Slots on the same trail have a minimum interval of 20 minutes.
- All guests must bring their own essentials. These include but are not limited to, water tumblers, alcohols/sanitizers and face masks.
- All guests are encouraged to keep their groups small and within their household. Changes in minimum and maximum guest numbers have been adjusted for this.
- All guests who are sick with symptoms must stay at home.
- All guests must have a temperature is less than or equal to 37.5 degree celsius before being allowed inside.
- All guests will be informed by the Gate Guard on when they may proceed to Silungan for further density control.
- All gathering spaces for orientations are open-air locations that are cleaned and sanitized after every group.
- All restrooms are open-air spaces that are regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Alcohol sprays are available at gathering spaces and restrooms.
WHILE ON THE TRAIL
- All trails are unidirectional minimizing exposure to other groups.
- All high touch areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Wearing of face masks is optional while senior citizens and immunocompromised individuals are highly encouraged to wear their masks.
- All guests are enjoined to limit the spread of their airborne particles. Talk softly. Cough and sneeze on your elbow or sleeves.
- All guests are enjoined to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth without sanitizing.
- Physical contact with high-touch areas, such as ropes and handrails, calls alcohol sanitizing.
WHILE YOU ARE EATING
- Pre-designated open-air spaces for dining areas
- Strict hygiene measures in food storage, preparation, and service
- Thorough disinfection of all utensils
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- All guests are encouraged to shower upon arriving home and change clothes.
- If Covid-19 symptoms manifest after the visit, kindly inform the Masungi Guest Care team through firstname.lastname@example.org or +639088887002 for the conduction of contract tracing.